2. MANAGE YOUR PRESENTATION TIME
Most sessions are 75 minutes and have 4 papers. A good session will break down about like this:
- 2 minutes to introduce the papers and the session theme
- 4 x 12-minute presentations = 48 minutes
- 4 x 3-minute Q&A following each presentation = 12 minutes
- 3 one-minute transitions between papers
- 10 minutes for general audience discussion following the four papers.
- 75 minutes total.
It is important that each presenter closes by the 12-minute mark. Many session chairs will offer integrative comments at the end of all presentations, and it is important that you give the audience sufficient time to comment as well.
If you go over your time, you are unfairly taking time away from others. So, please keep to these time limits as closely as possible. The session chair will control the time for all the presenters and ask you to stop if you run over the limit.