Pedagogy & Research Methods Workshop
Case Development & Publishing: From Writing to Teaching Cases
Saturday, October 28th from 1:15 to 2:30 pm
Want to get a new academic publication, a teaching resource to liven up your classroom debates, and have fun all at the same time? In this workshop, Dr. Kesner and Dr. Garcia will take you on a creative journey with tips and techniques designed to guide you through the process from writing to publishing to teaching case studies. The workshop will educate participants about various types of cases (e.g., traditional cases, archival cases, fictitious cases, dynamic cases, etc.), and then Dr. Kesner and Dr. Garcia will lead participates through an idea generation session. Be prepared to have your passion for writing re-energized!
Dr. Idie Kesner
- Dr. Idie Kesner is the former Dean and Frank P. Popoff Chair of Strategic Management at the Kelley School of Business, Indiana University.
- She received her PhD from the Kelley School of Business, Indiana University.
- She has won numerous teaching excellence awards, published articles in premier management journals, is the current Editor-in-Chief for the journal of Business Horizons, has served on several for-profit and non-profit boards, and worked as a consultant for many national and global firms.
- Full Bio
Dr. P. Roberto Garcia
- Dr. P. Roberto Garcia is the Young-Jin Kim Clinical Professor of International Business in the Department of Management and Entrepreneurship at the Kelley School of Business, Indiana University.
- He received his PhD in International Business from the University of Michigan, with a functional area minor in Organizational Behavior.
- He has has received several honors and awards for excellence in international business teaching and service.
- Full Bio